Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I AM NOT FOR SALE

Yesterday, Andy and I spent a day with a Christian organization that is helping people (both women and men) get out of the sex trade industry in Thailand. This is something that over the last couple of years, God has placed a heavy burden on my heart to do something to stop this injustice. (If you do not know much about this huge social injustice problem, I would suggest to read “Not for Sale” by David Batstone. I must give a warning about this book because it is not an easy book to read because it describes this social injustice problem in detail!) I also must admit that I was very nervous about volunteering with this organization because I did not know what to expect! But God is always faithful and provided me with the peace and compassion I needed! Also, God gently reminded me that if they can live through these HORRIBLE experiences, then you can help them get out and show them the compassion and love of Jesus. We will give more updates about this work in the weeks to come. Please pray for this work!

In Him,

Kathryn

No comments: