Thursday, September 30, 2010

Humbling Experience

I want to share an experience that Kathryn and I have had the privilege to have this week. Kathryn has been trying to find a volunteer opportunity at an organization that helps people out of the sex trade (a huge problem in Thailand that is relatively overlooked). God directed us towards an organization called “The Well”. It is an organization created by a group of Christians has an active ministry in this area. They bring people out through outreach, help heal their brokenness through the love and teachings of Christ, and train them to seek legitimate employment. The stories of these people (both women and men) are heart breaking. All are broken in ways that we all can’t and wouldn’t want to imagine. They have given us an opportunity to help teach English and socialize with them. The best experience so far has been sitting back and listening to their morning devotionals. As I sit there, I hear men and women praising God with all they have even though they have been through these horrible situations. It humbles me and makes me check myself and my attitudes towards God.

Shalom,

Andy

No comments: