Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to Focus

So, for the past two days, I’ve been at home sick. I don’t know if it is allergies or just getting used to being back in Bangkok. Whatever it’s been, it hasn’t been good. But, what this has afforded me time to do, besides driving Kathryn crazy, is reading. Today, I started re-reading Lee Camp’s Mere Discipleship. Walter Lane and I read it several years ago as a ministerial study. It’s been far too long since the last time I read it. It is a fantastic book. A fair warning though, it will make you rethink the perceptions that you have about everything. Camp starts out talking about “radical discipleship”. Not as something crazy or immature, but as getting back to the root of what it means to be a disciple of Christ. Thank you God for this time of sickness as to bring me back to focus on you.

Blessings to You,
Andy

No comments: